Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 1: Mtl --> Orlando --> Gainesville




I think the word "incompetence" can adequately describe the opening hours to this trek. Not only did the service desk at the airport in Mtl tell me "nah you don't need that essential paper, the system changed", but the custom's officer said "yes you need that paper, I don't know who told you that." Aaaaaalllllsssoooo, my cab in Orlando took me 10 minutes in the wrong direction, because apparently "Jetport drive" sounds like "Tradeport drive". And the kicker: Rogers sold me a roaming plan while simultaneously blocking my roaming capabilities, after which they tried to prevent us from changing to a plan worthy of normal intellect.

So, after this little adventure, I ended up at RedCoach Travel bus depot, which is pretty much equal distance from Orlando as Montreal is (I'm questioning my itinerary at this point).
Aaaaand the only thing near it is this lovely gas station. So it's internet time! But I've been sitting here for 3 hours now and I'm getting just a taaaad fed up. So fed up I got hungry. So hungry I ate this!


At any rate, exorbitant amounts of sugar, caffeine, and social networking have gotten me through this trying time. Next leg: Orlando --> Gainesville bus ride. Stay tuned for possible stories about smelly patrons sitting next to me, or a flat tire *knock on wood*
Peace & Love
MtlG

2 comments:

  1. You will survive!! I hate cab drivers with a passion... they always scam you one way or the other. A good trick is to say: aaaah glad to be back home (that way they think you're not a tourist) :P

    ReplyDelete